The week ahead : Volatile sessions expected..by J Victor on January 23rd, 2017
This is going to be a holiday shortened week .The markets will be closed on 26th Jan for the republic day. The broader indices – Nifty and the Sensex – closed at 27035 and 8349 respectively signalling indecision over the direction of the market.
Going ahead, this week also looks like a more turbulent week due to the following reasons –
- The markets will be keenly watching US president’s Donald Trump’s words to get an idea about what’s in store in the near future.
- Q3 results in India which is not likely to spring many surprises.
- Holiday shortened trading week.
- January Derivatives expiry
- Upcoming budget.
Apart from the main events, the markets are also likely to react to the SEBI’s decision to bring in more control on participatory notes.
The market sentiments are likely to be governed by the above main factors and it would be better to be careful as the indices continue to test key hurdles. A clear break out above 27500 / 8500 s required to confirm that the uptrend is on.
You may like these posts:
- Point Blank
- Financial Discipline for all.
- Investing Basics
- Shares & Stock Markets
- Introduction to Financial Statements
- Financial ratios.
- Stock investing strategies
- Technical Analysis I
- Technical analysis II
- Before Picking up stocks..
- Choosing a Broker and opening Demat Accounts
- Make your debut !!
- More ... from stock markets.
- Valuation of shares
- Futures and Options - The basics.
You can get the latest posts delivered to you for free via Email or RSS